Gelmamia candles will fill your space with enticing fragrances, while providing light in an aesthetically-pleasing product. Great to have burning while cooking, during yoga, reading or creating a mood of warmth and comfort.
Our gel candles are clean-burning and burn for 40 – 50 hours. After that, our candle turns into a votive holder and you can simply put in a tea-light and enjoy the candle forever.
Good to know:
- Our candles are meticulously crafted and individually hand-made in Canada.
- Candles are available in a large variety of designs and scents, and are also available as scentless. We can also customize for you. Contact us to learn more.
- Candles come in a beautiful glass jar candle with glass lid
- We use Calumet/Penreco gel in all our candles. Gel wax is made of 95% mineral oil and 5% polymer resin, neither of which is an explosive. It would take an extreme condition to make the candle explode. Gel wax heats up when burning and thus heats the container it is in. If this hot candle is moved to a very cold surface, then yes, it might explode, as would any container candle that has been burning a long time.
- We use tested-heatproof glassware for our candles.
Gel candles are supposed to have a smaller flame than traditional candles. Trim wicks to 1/4 inch before lighting. Let cool completely before moving a gel candle, do not move while gel is liquidized. Do not use if the container is cracked.
Always follow general candle burning guidelines:
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep away from pets and children
- Trim wick every time before burning (for gel candles trim to 1/4 inch above the wax)
- Do not leave a candle burning "for atmosphere" in your bedroom before sleeping
- Keep candles away from curtains and other flammable materials
- Place candles where you will not have to reach over them
- Keep candles away from drafts
- Keep candle free of debris from matches or wick trimming